Registration and coffee
Chair's welcome remarks
Keynote: Outlook on the Italian Banking Sector
Morning overview to cover main trends and latest updates in the NPL market. Italian NPL market finally gaining traction following a record pipeline of closed deals in Italy in 2016.
Panel: Leveraged finance to high yield deals in Italy
- Market abuse directive across Europe and its implications for Italian issuers.
- What has changed in bond issuance in the last year? Are the easy refinancing conditions completely over, and what alternatives are out there for companies?
- How much the weak performance of some recent issuers (including the restructuring of Waste Italia) are weighing on investors’ appetite for Italian bonds?
Fireside chat: 182 septies of the Italian bankruptcy law
Industry Sector outlook: Restructuring opportunities in Transportation
Spotlight on the transportation sector, where most of the ongoing restructurings (Alitalia; Premuda SpA. And Rizzo Bottiglieri for shipping) are taking place.
- The shipping sector looks set to undergo a major consolidation: who will be the main players among investors, and losers/ winners among the companies?
- How the sector is faring in Italy compared to other countries?
- What are the specific challenges of restructuring companies in the transportation sector?
- Secondary buyers: how liquid is the paper and who would be buying the banks’ exposure as they
seek to deleverage?
Chair's closing remarks