Financial, investment and legal professional with almost 20 years of diverse experience within financially and operationally troubled companies -- from the principal and advisor side -- including leading complex financial restructurings in the U.S. and Europe. Meet QFE standards as a Financial Expert.
M-III Partners, New York
Managing Director, May 2017 - Present
M-III Partners is an independent corporate advisory firm providing operational, strategic and financial solutions for our clients.
Morgan Stanley, New York and London
Managing Director, 2010 – April 2017
Built and led a special situations investment group - approved and managed investment opportunities throughout global platform. Ran complex restructurings. Member of Lending Management & Credit Commitments Committees. Representative investments include: American Airlines; Colt Defense; Cengage Learning; Essar Steel; General Motors (Nova Scotia); Mood Media (Europe); Opera TV (Norway); Puerto Rico (TRANS); Skillsoft; TXU (EFIH); and Visteon.
Citadel Securities, New York
Managing Director, 2009 - 2010
Provided financial advisory services to companies and creditor groups. Representations included: Chemtura Corp.; Extended Stay Hotels; and Green Valley Ranch.
Kirkland & Ellis LLP
Partner, 2004 - 2009
Responsible for all aspects of debtor representations -- using both in and out-of-court strategies. Regularly represented secured lenders, bondholders, equity sponsors, and investors in numerous restructuring situations. Representations included: Allegiance Telecom; Cornerstone Propane; Delphi; General Motors; Solutia; Tower Automotive; and Tronox.
UCLA School of Law
J.D. & Certification in Business Law – 1999
A.B. Economics & History – 1996
Admissions & Licenses
New York State Bar (2000)
Courts for the Southern District of New York
Series 7, 24 and 63
- Regular speaker on distressed investing at industry (INSOL, ABI, TMA) and investor conferences
- “Oil & Gas Restructuring: Where is the Bottom and What Does it Mean?”, TMA Investing Conference 2016
- “How Secured are Secured Creditors?”, ABI Spring Meeting 2015
- Frequent guest lecturer and former assistant professor at business and law schools
- Columbia Business School, “Legal Analysis and Value Investing” – Lecturer 2015, 2014 and 2013
- NYU School of Law, “Transactions in Complex Corporate Restructurings” – Assistant Professor 2007 and 2008