Welcome to Debtwire's Puerto Rico Restructuring Forum
Please join the Debtwire team and esteemed panelists in New York where they will discuss the efforts and opportunities of rebuilding storm-ravaged Puerto Rico while its cash-strapped government simultaneously restructures its debt.
Registration and Breakfast
Restructuring the debt
Panelists will discuss the ongoing litigation and negotiations regarding the restructuring of the island's USD 125bn in liabilities.
- At what point will creditors decide to stop litigating?
- How can recovery values provide returns to investors?
How to strike a deal among investors with different investment needs?
Coffee Networking Break
Working Together? Fiscal and Economic Policy Reform
Panelists will discuss what initiatives are being pursued by Puerto Rican officials to turnaround the island's prospects.
- How are officials approaching tax policy to account for US tax reform?
- What steps may the US Federal government take to help?
The Rebuilding of Puerto Rico Commences
Delegates will have an opportunity to listen to panelists discuss how Puerto Rico plans to attract private capital for much needed infrastructure development.
- How are developers and government officials planning to rebuild?
- What will be some of the unique constructions risks inherent to Puerto Rico development?
- How are bankers and project developers planning to finance construction of critical infrastructure?
*Agenda subject to change.