Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringerhttps://www.freshfields.com
Our team has a wealth of experience acting for stakeholders involved in corporate restructurings or experiencing financial stress. We help boards of directors to steer corporates through troubled waters, and advise global investment funds, asset managers, banks, bondholders and other lenders on debt and corporate restructurings.
We have led on some of the biggest and most high-profile cross-border restructurings of recent years.
- Acting for Debenhams on all aspects of its restructuring.
- Advising Arcadia on its seven CVAs and pensions restructuring.
- Advising the official receiver and joint special managers of the Carillion group in relation to its insolvency proceedings.
- Advising the trustees of the Interserve pension scheme on the restructuring of the group's financial debt.
- Acting for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy in relation to the acquisition of the onshore business of the insolvent wind turbine manufacturer Senvion.
- Acting for the RCF and bilateral lenders, represented through its steering committee, of the German cable and wiring supplier Leoni on its financial and operational restructuring.
- Advising a consortium of banks led by Credit Suisse and BNP on the offering by Schmolz + Bickenbach of €200m 5.625 per cent senior secured notes due 2022 and on its subsequent €150m tap offering.
- Representing the administrators of Monarch Airlines in their successful attempt to prevent Monarch’s airport slots from being reallocated to other airlines.
We also work closely with our sector specialists to build a deep understanding of the business and its financial pressure points. The team focuses on implementing sustainable solutions and managing the diversity of stakeholder expectations from start to finish. We are proud of our reputation for taking a pragmatic and commercial approach to speed up lengthy processes and achieve the best outcome for our clients.