Retail Restructuring Outlook 2017
July 12, 2017 | 1177 Avenue of the Americas, New York
Registration and Continental Breakfast
Maximizing Value in Retail Restructurings
Unprecedented market forces, coupled with various legal constraints, have placed unique pressure on distressed retailers’ ability to conduct in-court financial and operational restructurings. With many retailers forced to transform their restructuring efforts into full blown liquidations, it is imperative for investors, creditors, landlords and other parties in this retail environment to remain current on today’s Chapter 11 landscape and understand available strategies when attempting to monetize distressed retail assets. Our panel, which features expert advisors and leading practitioners in retail restructurings and liquidations, will address these and other key considerations that will assist creditors to maximize the value of their claims and enhance their recoveries.
Specifically, the panel will address and share professional experiences regarding:
- Market and economic factors that have contributed to today’s distressed retail space;
- Key provisions of the US Bankruptcy Code that influence retail restructurings;
- Common players in retail restructurings, the nature of their claims and how those claims typically compete with one another;
- Strategies for monetizing distressed retail assets, including inventory, intellectual property, brand value and real estate;
- Retail intercreditor disputes and litigation; and
- Key drivers for further industry consolidation.